Sunday, November 20, 2011

Provencal Lamb Ragu























I'm currently on the Body Trim diet which is a high protein diet and I love it!  In six days I've lost 3.5kg and I already feel so much better.  And the food is so easy!  Steak, salad, vegetables!  You're even allowed bread and cereal in the morning if you like AND you get a day off once a week.  This is my dream diet!

So last night I decided to use a recipe from my Body Trim manual and it was delicious!  I really caramelised the meat when I browned it and I think that made it this incredible rich, deep, glossy brown colour and because it's slow cooked the meat just shred in your mouth.  The zucchini, eggplant and capsicum don't go in until close to the end so they hold their shape and flavour and it's such a good way of doing it - the rich ragu is perfectly balanced by the sweet vegetables.

This recipe made plenty also so we're having the left overs tonight.  It was amazing that Jared and I both had two big bowls of it and because it is virtually carbohydrate free neither of us felt even slightly bloated afterwards.  Jared said he felt hungry so reached for a packet of chips....    I on the other hand continued to marvel at the 3.5kg I've lost in under a week!


600g Diced Lamb
400ml Red Wine
2 Onions
3 Cloves Garlic
400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
1 Eggplant
2 Zucchini
1 Red Capsicum
1 Yellow Capsicum
1 Green Capsicum
4 Sprigs of Thyme
1 Sprig of Rosemary
5 tbsp Warrick Grove Olive Oil
Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper


Chop the Onions and garlic. Heat 3 tbsp of the oil in a large saute pan and brown the meat all over until caramelised. Add the Onion and the Garlic and fry briefly before adding the Red Wine. Add the Tomatoes and Herbs, cover and cook for 1.5 hours.

Heat the rest of the oil in a separate pan.  Sweat the Eggplant and Zucchini for ten minutes and then add the Capsicum and fry all together for 10 minutes.

Mix the Vegetables with the Meat and cook for a few minutes – season with Salt and freshlt Cracked Pepper.

E.

1 comment:

  1. I do not even know the way I stopped up here, however I
    believed this post used to be good. I do not recognise who you might be however certainly
    you are going to a well-known blogger for those who
    are not already. Cheers!
    My web site: 31 Day Fat Loss Cure Review

    ReplyDelete